Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Good news

I had my doctors appointment this morning. It was good news. The baby is healthy! They did an ultrasound and the baby is so much bigger then I thought it was going to be. The arms and legs were already developed pretty well and that was kind of a shock to me. I got to see the heart beat and then he gave me some pictures of the ultrasound so that was cool. Basically he thinks what is happening is that sometimes the placenta will attached to a blood vessel and I had a dark spot on my ultrasound and he thinks that is what is happening. Basically the blood vessel has to bleed itself out, if that makes sense. I understood it when the doctor said it but can't think of how to put it now. haha

Any ways. Thank you to everyone who has been concerned. The doctor told me that basically once you can hear the heart beat the odds of miscarriage drop to only 1 percent, BUT because I am bleeding, they go up to 5 percent. So that gives me a 95 percent chance of an excellent pregnancy! WOO HOO! I can live with that. :) I liked the doctor I saw so that is good. I can't say the same for the actual office. We already are having problems will billing and stuff which is going to be loads of fun I can tell. We have really good insurance and no one wants to believe that an insurance company would actually pay as much as ours does. Basically, we pay a 20 dollar co-pay the first visit and then we don't have to pay anything else the whole pregnancy! They were trying to charge me a thousand dollars! haha Okay well I am off to eat my mac and cheese and take a nap. I'd post pictures of my ultrasound but my parents don't have a scanner. But I'll work on it.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

That is fantastic!!!! So how far along did they say you were? I'm so glad to hear everything is going well with you!!!
You know what I did with my pictures of my sono's...I just took a picture of them with my didgital camera and downloaded them onto the computer. Just an idea! I look forward to hearing more about how your doing!!!