Friday, April 10, 2009

I'm not THAT Green

I got ready to eat lunch right now. I placed Kayla in her bouncer and got out all of the ingredients I needed. Broccoli, Potato, cheese, cutting board and knife. I was excited because I hadn't had a baked potato with steamed broccoli in a month or two. I get out the broccoli which is pre-packaged organic. When I say prepackaged, I mean like, it is wrapped and everything before it even gets to the store. I used to just get the walmart kind where you grab it and put it in a bag and tie it off. Once I saw they had organic, I started buying that. I get about one a week. I pulled one of the stocks out and washed and cut it. Then I put it in a pot with some water to boil it. Normally, I just stick the rest back in the fridge and cut to later when I need it again. This time I wanted to cut it all now so I could stick some in a salad I was gonna make ( yeah I am trying real hard to not eat crap any more. ) So I started to pull the rubber band off that was holding the other two stocks together and guess what happened? A dead moth fell out from in between the stocks!! SO GROSS! I was talking to Cody when it happened and in the middle of my sentence I just said, "You've got to be kidding me!" Nasty...so I am all about the organic stuff but not if it includes dead moths! I think I'll stick to the walmart kind for a couple of weeks!