Tuesday, April 21, 2009

And The Mother of the Year Award Goes To...

NOT ME! Man do I have a story for y'all. After dropping Cody off at the air port yesterday, I felt pretty confident as a single mother. I got a lot of cleaning done yesterday and some blogs written. I felt like I accomplished a lot. The house looked better yesterday then it has in a long time actually. It was nice. I even managed to eat some good meals and not pig out on anything sugary. WOO HOO. Today started out okay for about an hour or so. I had to go to Walmart which the second Tyler started giving me trouble I just thought "Oh great!" He told me he didn't want to go and that made it even harder.

We went to get in the car and my door wouldn't unlock! I JUST got that fixed about a month ago and n0ow it looks like I will have to take it back in. Grrrrrrrrr. That makes me mad. We got to Walmart and Tyler was a WONDERFUL boy! Kayla was also very good which was just perfect. We got home and the trouble started with Tyler again. Him and I just weren't getting along today. He asked me to make him a peanut butter sandwich and then wouldn't eat it and kept asking for other things. I finally turned the TV off and told him he HAD to eat or go to bed. He decided to go to bed, which really surprised me. So I put him down for his nap. He of course didn't really sleep and after about 2 hours of him being in his room I got him up. He told me he was hungry and ask me for some crackers. I told him that he could eat his sandwich and he said he wanted it. I got it for hm and then he of course started crying. "Here we go" I was thinking. We kept bickering and I finally said, "Let's go to the play ground." Tyler was excited about this so I put Kayla on her boopy on the couch and went to go brush my teeth. She was fussing a little but wasn't screaming and crying. I went to go get some socks and I thought to myself, "I should go see if Kayla is okay" but I decided I was only gonna be another minute and she would be fine. I walk into the living room. Look at the boopy and Kayl is not there!!!!!! SHE FELL OFF and was on the ground! I ran over to her and picked her up. I was in total shock that my not even quite 3 month old fell off of the couch! Yup, WORSE MOTHER EVER! Okay, I know I am not the worse mom ever, but it sure felt like it. I had been holding her for about 30 seconds to a minute when my phone started rining and guess who it was? MY MOM! How did she know....haha I think Kayla has since forgiven me because she was a smily girl this evening. I got some new pictures of her and wanted to share them. FIRST is a picture of Tyler which helps you understand how my day went.



Here is my girl...so forgiving when they can't speak ( or remember 5 minutes ago! )







Feeling slightly better after his bath, here is my cranky boy



Last night I took some pictures of Kayla and I in the mirror and I LOVE how they turned out





So next time you feel like a bad mom, just remember that Katie let her kid fall off of the couch when she was still a tiny baby and that should make you feel better. If that doesn't help, you can also remember that when Tyler was 15 months old, I locked myself out of the house for about 30 minutes. Yup....that should do it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, I actually did both of those things too.It makes me feel better.I locked myself out when Maribelle was 2 1/2.She could have opened the door for me but she just kept laughing.She thought it was so funny while Im outside panicing.She also fell out of her bouncer once.I felt bad because I figured shed be fine for a minute without her belt on.It happens to the best of us.

Stacey said...

Ha! I laughed the whole time I read your blog! Max fell off the couch once when he was a baby on his Boppy, he's eaten a button, yesterday he chewed on a candle and I've let him scream in his crib while I showered. You're doing a great job though and I can't imagine having two! Mmmuah!