Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Catching up

We had a busy weekend and no internet which is awful for me because I feel SO behind on our blog. There were sooooooooooooo many things that I wanted to write about but poor Kayla has been a fussy butt today and yesterday. I think she may have an ear ache or something like that because she has been refusing to eat today. It worries me so I hope we can figure out whats wrong with her.

We have been having stormy weather which is why the internet has been acting up. At least that's what we think is going on. Yesterday I had an eye exam in Temple which is about 45 minutes away. Cody met us there. It had started to clear up slightly and by the time we started to drive home we had a gorgeous sunset. Check it out



I totally took that while driving! haha It was so beautiful that I couldn't resist though. Any ways. It was so cute because Cody came home on Friday and we got to pick him up at the air port. As soon as Tyler saw Cody he yelled, "Daddy!" and ran to him. Cody grabbed him and picked him up and they hugged. It was so cute. Then he just kept saying, "Dad, I am so glad your here!" and at one point, Cody picked him up again and Tyler grabbed both sides of his face and said, "I love you daddy" and made him look into his eyes and then kissed him. It was so cute and it was funny at the same time because I do that to him all the time so he was being a little copy cat. He does that often actually. The other day he grabbed my face and said, "Understand mom?" haha I do that to him when we are having problems and he is talking back. I always grab his face and make him look me in the eyes and say that he understands what I am saying. Good times

Tyler has been doing all kinds of funny things lately. Actually, some of the things flat out shocked me. The first was this; Cody is a Rubik cube expert! He had a solider teach him how to do it one time when he was on a trip and he has been doing it every since. One time I was teasing him and I said I always wanted to marry someone who could do the Rubik cube in less then 2 minutes. We decided to time him and it took him 2 and a half minutes. haha I told him I'd keep him since we were already married and he promised me he'd work on it. ;) Any ways. So Tyler is used to seeing Cody play with one. Cody had taken one and made it so that every side was done except the middle square was a different color. Tyler picked it up and had it for about 30 seconds to a minute and fixed it and then brought it to me exclaiming, "I did it mom!" I am sure it was a fluke thing but it is still freaking me out a little. Then another thing I mentioned lately was that he can do his 25 piece puzzle all by himself. Well he has 3 of them and over the last week he has been working on them. He always does one at a time. Thursday he took all three of them and mixed the pieces all together. I was irritated with him because I figured I would have to fix them now for him. The next morning we were getting ready to go pick up Cody and he started to do his puzzle. I was waiting for him to ask for help and he never did. What was even more impressive to me was that he did them one at a time. I took a picture and I will post it later. There were a couple of other things he has done recently but because I didn't write them done when they happened, I completely forgot. Actually last night I was changing his diaper ( YES we are still in diapers ) and I said, "Well that's ironic Tyler!" and he said, "No it's MEronic!" haha Just like him, it's got to be about him!

I am sad because we were going to go take pictures in the blue bonnets on Sunday after church and it poured and hasn't stopped. I wanted to do it before Cody left and now I don't think we are going to be able to. Booooooooooooooo But here is a picture we took on Sunday with my tripod and trigger I got for Christmas






2 comments:

Sandy said...

aww thats such a sweet picture of you guys kissing! awwwwwww!!!! hehe

Kade and Emily said...

Cute family pictures! Tyler is such a hoot. Don't you love/hate this age??