Friday, August 8, 2008

Feeling GGGGGGGGGGGGGGreat!

I have been SO lazy and haven't worked out at ALL in like 2 weeks. This is why I gained so much weight my first pregnancy. well, that and the fact that I ate like crap the whole time. I love apples and I threw one up once while pregnant with Tyler and any time I tried to eat one after that I got sick. In fact, I couldn't eat them again until about a year ago. That was basically the only fruit I ate the time I was pregnant with #1. Yeah, awful, I know. I was such an awful eater! I had that, "Well, I'm pregnant and get to eat whatever I want" mentality going on. I totally missed the part in my pregnancy book that says you only need about an extra 300 to 500 calories during pregnancy depending on what trimester you are on. Did you know that? Yup, doesn't sound like much does it. and I went WELL over that AND worked out seriously, MAYBE 5 times the whole pregnancy. Then we I had Tyler I got skinny pretty darn quick. The day I went in to have him I was 216.8 pounds...and the day I came home from the hospital I was 190! Seriously. Everyone told me that I would lose weight like crazy while breast feeding but no one told me I had to stop eating like I was still eating for two! haha Oh and that I wasn't supposed to eat crappy because I did of course. I didn't lose any weight, but I didn't gain any either. THEN I stopped breast feeding the week before we left for Hawaii. We were supposed to be in Hawaii for 3 months and I figured I would go on a walk EVERYDAY and lose weight and tone my thighs and butt back up. HAHAHAHAHAHA I DID go on a walk everyday...to get lunch and dinner. We ate out pretty much every meal. We had a full kitchen but it was so hard to cook in it that I think I cooked 5 or 6 times the whole month we were there. When we got back ( two months early because they decided they needed Cody in Afghanistan more, punks....) I went to Cali for my brothers wedding and I had gained 10 pounds! I was now in the 200's and I was SO embarrassed. Especially since I was seeing a lot of people for the first time in ages. When I got home I vowed to work out and change the way I ate to better myself. and I did! I was working out really hard at least 3 or 4 times a week and trying to better my eating habits. For those who do not know me well I LIVE off of cheese! It's my weakness. I lost 10 to 15 pounds. It was so good to feel good again. Myra gave me the cutest freaking hair cut and I just felt so good about myself. Then Cody came home and it became harder to find time to work out. I used to work out at night after I put Tyler to bed. But now Cody was home and that was when we got to have some alone time. I didn't want to be working out, I wanted to be cuddling with him on the couch watching a movie. I started eating out more too. I jumped back up to 190. This is basically the story of my life since having Tyler. When Cody is gone for a month or two I get in the habit of working out again and eating at home more, then he comes home and it kind of falls apart. Not his fault, I just liked spending more time with him instead of on the elliptical ( which by the way CHANGED my life forever when we got that almost a year ago! ) Get one, if you don't have the time to work out. It's so wonderful because in an hour I could burn 800 calories while watching my favorite TV shows. It was AWESOME.

I didn't mean to babble this much I swear but I just wanted to let everyone know I worked out tonight! It feels so good. I only worked out for 20 minutes but I can feel my butt burning already! haha When I was done, I ate an apple and an orange and drank some water. It's amazing how much better I feel just from doing those few things. When I first found out I was pregnant, I bought a prenatal work out video and was doing good at using it several times a week. Then we got here and I started bleeding. I was told not to do too much which pretty much meant no working out. I bleed off and on for almost a month and once it stopped it was SO hard to get back into the habit again! I wanted to write this all down as evidence that I want to do better. I think writing it down makes it more real and then maybe I can start doing it on a regular basis and not feel so awful all the time. I just started my second trimester and they "say" you get your energy back and the morning sickness goes away. This was kind of funny to me because I didn't really have morning sickness ( I was lucky other then the bleeding ) but now all of the sudden since I started my second trimester, I have been feeling really sick in the mornings! I had a pounding head ache two days in a row and have been exhausted! Hmmmmm....it doesn't seem fair to me but then again any one reading this who suffered from morning sickness the first trimester is probably telling me to shut up! I actually feel the same way...my dad said something about how I haven't been feeling well and what a bummer it was and I told him I really wasn't trying to complain because I have actually been pretty lucky. Seriously I have and I am not trying to bitch and moan. I have a doctors appointment next Thursday and I can't wait. I hope everything looks good and that we can schedule my ultra sound to find out what we are having. I am also curious as to what the doctor is going to say about the bleeding and stuff. The day I went in for my last appointment I had a dark spot on my sonogram. He assumed thats where the bleeding was coming from and that it wasn't a big deal. He thought that the placenta had attached to a blood vessel and it would bleed itself out and be fine. Sounded good to me. The problems is ( probably just in my head but I still worry ) I was pretty much done bleeding an hour or two later. I am wondering if the dark spot is still going to be there and if so what does that mean now? I know, I know, I'm being paranoid but there is just such an unknown about pregnancies that is scary. My doctor made some comment about how basically no pregnancy is normal because they are all different. True dat.

Okay my friends I am off to bed. I hope I can sleep since I just got done working out. Wish me luck and those of you who read these and talk to me on a regular basis, keep asking me if I have been working out. SERIOUSLY! I want all the help I can get.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

I seriously love it that you write forever! haha I have trouble even working out cause its so hot and humid back home...
I've been trying to go in the pool everyday while here in cali but I don't like the pressure it puts on my stomach! It's wierd...Oh well...back to the hot humidness next Wed!
AND REMEMBER TO WORK OUT TOMORROW! LOL