Thursday, August 14, 2008

A bug?

When I went to bed last night, I was hungry and my head was pounding. I tried to eat something before I laid down but it was just making me feel sick. I ended up going to bed around 11:30 or so. I was hoping some sleep would cure the head ache. Boy was I wrong. Every time I woke up to go to the bathroom, my head was still pounding. It was kind of depressing especially since I knew I had a doctors appointment the next morning and I did not want to miss it.

Tyler and I woke up around 8ish and I felt awful. I got him breakfast and some milk and decided I needed to eat something as soon as possible so I could take some drugs to hopefully cure the head ache. I was making scrambled eggs and about a minute before they were done I felt it. That awful feeling you get right before you puke! You know the one where your mouth starts filling up with saliva? I turned the stove off and ran for the bathroom. I made it just in time. I hate throwing up when you haven't eaten anything. I would much rather throw up food. I know..this isn't exactly something you want to read but too bad. :) I informed my dad there were eggs in the kitchen if he wanted them. I laid down on the couch for a while with Tyler crawling all over me. He can't stand me laying on the couch without laying, sitting or just simply touching me. After about an hour I asked my dad to make me a piece of toast. You know how everyone always says dry toast is good for an upset stomach and I was seriously STARVING! It took me a half an hour to eat 3 bits and after swallowing the last bit I had to run to the bathroom again. I threw up the toast....much better then the first since I at least had something in my stomach that time. I laid back down a prayed I'd feel better.

I managed to make it to my appointment and my doctor said I probably had a bug. He said one was going around. Tyler hasn't been feeling well either but he didn't have any throwing up. My appointment took all of 5 minutes. They weighted me ( which I think I was a pound less then I was last time which thrilled me to no end ), took my blood pressure, listened to the heart beat for about 10 seconds and then talked to me about down syndrome and all of that fun stuff. I declined the testing and then scheduled me for my ultrasound in 5 in a half weeks! WOO HOO! I can't wait. My appointment for that is September the 22nd. It's nice because they do it in the office and back in Texas I have to go to the hospital to do it. Hopefully that goes well. So the appointment was a little disappointing and I felt awful but at least I made it.

I got home to hear that Tyler had pooped for my dad which again, thrilled me to know end! haha The rest of the day I spent on the couch or in bed. My mom made me some jello but it takes an hour or so to sit. In the mean time I was soooooooo hungry that I finally made some soup. I drank broth for a while and it took everything in me not to throw that up too. Once I was able to keep it down for a bit I ate some more. By that time I was really STARVING! Right before nap time I had half of the jello and then passed out with Tyler. When we got up I was so hungry! I ate the rest of the jello and my dad brought me home some Del Taco. So far, so good. I feel crappy, BUT the head ache is almost completely gone now and I haven't thrown anything else up! WOO HOO Hopefully tomorrow I will be almost back to normal. I promised pictures of my cute boy so I made a collage instead of posting them separately. Hope you like them because I just think they are so cute! I especially like the one of him with his head tilted. Heehee

2 comments:

Pure Images said...

You poor thing!! I hope you feel better soon! I hate getting sick, especially when you have a little one to take care of. =( Well, two little ones =)

kailiaelf said...

I really like the pictures. It sounds to me like your body NEEDED to get sick. Once you got sick you start feeling better. Hope it continues to go well. Talk to you soon!