Saturday, December 20, 2008

Prayers

We had started saying prayers with Tyler when he was a little over a year old. We would have him fold his arms and close his eyes while we said it. Over the years he has gotten to the point where he would finish my sentences. I would start it and he would finish. When he got comfortable with prayers he started wiggling around and not folding his arms so we made a compromise and we started cuddling while praying. That was fine for personal prayers but when at church he wouldn't stop for prayers or fold his arms. I have been trying to work on that but it hasn't been going over so well. Last night we got Cody back and it was so wonderful to have him home. Tyler was SO excited to have his daddy home. This whole last week if he would get upset he would tell me, "I lost my daddy!" and then he would start crying. It was awful!!!! Needless to say, daddy was home for bath time and prayers last night. When it came to prayer time I told him to fold his arms and HE DID! Then he said, "Can I say the prayer?" He has never asked before and he has NEVER said it on his own. So I said sure and thought he meant he was going to help me. NOPE! He said the whole prayer by himself. It made me tear up and I was especially grateful that Cody got to be home to witness it! It made me feel so blessed to have my family together and to share that special moment as one!

No comments: