Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Not only WRONG, It's Illegal

When I was at Walmart the other day I went through the tobacco line. It was shorter and Tyler was already giving me problems. I noticed while waiting for my turn that they have a sign that reads, "Do not buy Tobacco for under 18." I had noticed that before but underneath it, it reads, "It's not only wrong, but illegal" I had never noticed this before. Do they REALLY need to post a sign that says that? To me this is just a sign of the times. I am reminded that most people around here don't see a problem with smoking. IN fact most people, DO SMOKE. A week or so ago while out with my woman ( which is Sarah for those who don't know that story, you can ask haha ) There was this man out side smoking up a storm. He probably had a couple of cigarettes while out side waiting for his wife and kids. Then when his wife and kids got there his wife and him stayed out side to smoke again! THEN about 10 minutes later, he came out side with his son to smoke. His son was probably 10 or 11 ( who didn't smoke with him but went out side with him so his dad could ) Let me just tell you that with how much he smoked just while at lunch he probably goes through at LEAST two packs a day and these people didn't look like the type of people who could afford much. I don't understand it!

Another story for you, Sarah was in the tobacco line at Walmart and it was her turn next at the check out and this old woman walks up from the other side and ask the clerk, "What's your cheapest cigarettes?" Sarah was so mad because once the lady brought her the cigarettes, she said, "NO I don't want those ones, can I have a different kind?" Bascially this woman, who hadn't even been waiting in a line, cut in front of her and was now taking ten minutes to buy cigarette's. Well, you will not believe what happened next. The woman's grandson who was about 16, walks up and says, "I don't want those ones grandma" THEN the woman turns to my friend and says, "My grandson isn't even appreciative." WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?

Okay I have one more for you, Stacie my sister in law had salmonella poisoning last week. She had to go to the doctor several times. One of the times she was there she over heard something disturbing. For those who are women and have had babies know that when you are around 22 weeks or something like that, you have to do the glucose test. You have to drink this sugary drink and then you can't eat or drink anything for an hour. Then you come back and they draw your blood to see how you are handling the sugar. Any ways, so this woman is pregnant and having the test. The nurse is telling her that she can't eat or drink anything for an hour. The PREGNANT woman cuts her off and says, "Well, can I smoke?" The nurse who was surprised by this says, "NO, you can't smoke" This pregnant woman threw a hissy fit over it. I mean come on! Your pregnant dumb ass your not supposed to be doing that any ways and you are telling me you can go ONE FREAKING HOUR without your cigarette's. Okay, I apologize for the curse word but seriously I had no other words except that!

My conclusion for all of this is, why smoke? Honestly, what is it doing for you? And if you are pregnant, why do that to your beautiful unborn baby? Are you that selfish that you can't give it up for 9 months? And if you are, you shouldn't be having a baby any ways. Get your priorities straight!

2 comments:

Pure Images said...

I love you Katie, you crack me up. I wish we were better friends back in the day. I agree with you wholeheartedly on every point you made. AMEN SISTA!

Kade and Emily said...

I feel guilty about eating ramen noodle soup while I'm pregnant. I don't know how these people can't feel guilty about smoking while pregnant.