Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Our weeekend






The Alamo

Friday Tyler was coughing like crazy and he had lost his voice so I decided to take him to the doctor. Have you ever heard a kid lose their voice? It is the saddest sounding thing ever! I was carrying him and he said something and I looked at Cody and said, "it just sounds so sad" and Tyler said, "So sad" in his little strained half voice. Seriously....so sad. When we got to the doctor and he started listening to his chest, the congestion was gone and he was like, "It actually sounds really clear." Grrrrr. An hour after that, he was coughing again! Go figure. The doctor still gave me some medicine for him which was good. after we got back from the doctor I put Tyler down for a nap and he slept for almost 4 hours! It was awesome but it was so late when he got up that there was no way he was going to go to sleep on time! Right after he woke around 7 Cody's best friend Ty and his wife came over and we went to dinner. They live in Tyler Texas. We had dinner and after wards we were just standing outside letting Tyler play and there was a bunch of lightening. We got home and it started raining and the lightening was going crazy. Then it started hailing! Some of them were about the size of quarters! It was nuts. Next the electricity went out! It sucked. It was about 8:30 or so when that happened and it didn't come back on until 11:30. tyler had JUST fallen asleep on me! Doh! So we put him to sleep and then we all talked a little longer and then went to bed. We slept in the next day until about 9 and then we had breakfast and took off to San Antonio. We went to the Alamo and I took some pictures. Poor Tyler still didn't have his voice back and was coughing a lot. He was super tired and he hasn't been eating anything which doesn't help at all. Then we went to the River Walk and ate some food and did some shopping. We went to Hooter's and Tyler was wearing his Hooter's shirt! Then they gave him a Hooter's balloon! After we did that we took a boat ride around the River Walk. It was fun!

The next day was mother's day and Tyler was coughing like crazy. So I went to church by myself and taught my lesson and then just came home. It was a nice relaxing day. Cody picked out a card for Tyler to give me and bought me a white chocolate covered candy apple! SO FREAKING GOOD! I told him to just get me some flowers at Walmart but they were all kind of dying and expensive so I told him we'd get them some other time. I think flowers are such a rip off some times. Any ways.

Monday Cody had a dentist appointment so we all went together and got some lunch first. We went to Fridays to have lunch and they didn't have mac and cheese for Tyler! I have the pickiest eater ever! So we got him some carrot sticks. While he was eating the carrots he choked on them and then threw up all over me! haha Good times. So we ran over to ROSS and bought him a new outfit. Then when we to the dentist and Tyler was such a good boy. Get this, he actually fell asleep on me! He hasn't done that in probably 6 months! At least...so any ways. Here are some pictures. Enjoy!

No comments: