Thursday, May 29, 2008

Eventsof the day

Well, today was an eventful day. We got up around 8 which was nice because that was sleeping in a bit. It was nice because Tyler tossed and turned a lot last night. The last couple of days I have just been soooooooo tired and I can't seem to get into bed before 12. Any ways, we got up and I showered and then we met Sarah and Julia at Subway for lunch. After we ate, we went to their house to swim in their pool. Poor Tyler was standing in the grass and he just starts screaming. I thought maybe he had stepped on a sticker but he had fire ants all over his feet. I run him to the sidewalk and try to slap them all off of him and then we hosed down his feet and shoes. He cried for a minute or two and then asked me to kiss it better which I did and with tears still in his eyes he says, "All better." It was so cute yet so sad. I felt so awful for him because fire ants hurt SOOO bad! So Sarah was going to get him some Benndryl for the bites and she went to turn the water on so she could start filling the pool up. Before I even knew what happened, I heard her say, "Oh my gosh.." or something to that effect and turn around to Tyler screaming. He had tried to get in the pool before it had very much water in it and had slipped and smack his head on the concrete! My poor baby. He cried for like 5 minutes that time. Then we gave him bennedryl and rub some stuff on his ankles.

He didn't care as soon as the pool had water in it. He just wanted to swim. I took a picture about half an hour later of one of his ankles. It's so red! You should have seen them when the bites were huge bumps and were swollen.

The kids had lots of fun in the pool though, as always. They just love the water. we had fun and I even managed to get Tyler home without him throwing a huge fit. In fact,we had no tears at all while leaving. we got home and I didn't want Tyler to take a nap. I was worried about his head and I thought maybe he'd sleep better tonight if he didn't have one. He's doing ok so far. he cuddled on the couch with me for a while which was nice since he never does that any more. :) It was nice. Okay so here are some pictures of Tyler playing that I really liked.


Here are some wild flowers that were in Sarah's back yard and a reflection of the sky in the water on the side walk. I thought bought pictures turned out pretty.

Lastly, for the first time I decided to do a picture of the week! I know some other people do it and I am not usually one to copy things but when I saw this picture I knew I had too! I was trying to just take a picture of Tyler's back. When I was looking at all the pictures I took on the lap top I noticed some bubbles in the picture. Then I realized where they were coming from and about peed myself! HAHA How was it that I just happen to be taking a picture of my kids back ( close up ) while he was passing gas in the pool! Those Roundy boys, I tell ya...

1 comment:

Kade and Emily said...

Oh, what a sad little story. I'm glad he's ok, and that he had a good time.
I really really love the picture of the week. That was very opportunistic.