Monday, May 19, 2008

Copied from my myspace

I copied this from my blog on my myspace so if you are someone who reads those blogs then you can skip this one! haha

I have come to realize lately that if you sit on your butt all day long thinking about what you want to do in the future, it's always gonna be dreaming and not doing. What the heck am I talking about? Ever since my wedding, I have been dreaming of being a professional photographer. I always LOVED taking pictures but I never thought of it as a career path until the day I got my pictures back! I was so mad because the photographer didn't take ANY pictures of my center pieces of what the reception looked like. He didn't really take any pictures of my flowers or a good one of my dress, it was mainly pictures of family and friends. I love some of my pictures but was highly disappointed that I didn't have a picture of my center pieces. It seems silly really, but they were so pretty and I LOVED the way the turned out. If you are reading this and were at my wedding and took pictures of the center pieces LET ME KNOW ( what? I thought it was at least worth mentioning...) I think men can be good wedding photographers, but in theory I think women should be better! I mean, girls dream of their wedding from the beginning of their existence. I knew if I had been taking pictures of my wedding, I would have taken pictures of the center pieces!

Okay getting off topic now...Lately I have been thinking about how I need to get the ball rolling. Really I am not ready to start my own business with Cody being g0one all the time and what not, BUT I want to start thinking about it and possibly start something. I am struggling with a name people! Cody and I started writing things down that came to mind. Most people just call it Katie Photography or Photos by Katie. I REALLY don't want to do that! It's soooooooo not original at all and I think I would have more fun if I had a real name and not just one that had MY name in it. We had come up with some that I really liked until I looked them up on line and three of the 4 I REALLY liked were already on line photography magazines and the other was already taken by like 10 people. GRRRRRRR! SO, I am asking your help. Got any ideas??? If it has my name in it thats fine I just don't want that to be the ONLY thing in the title. For instance, my Brother in law Kurt just gave me "Katie's Dark Room" and I actually really like that one. Give me some ideas people...Stacie and I have been just trying to think of any words at all that had to do with photography. the problem is that because of digital cameras, photography is SO easy to do no wand SO many people do it! Almost anything we think of is taken. So seriously people, give me WHATEVER comes to mind! i appreciate it. :)

No comments: