Friday, April 11, 2008

See you Morrow...

Tyler freaks out easily! Especially when we are telling him to put something back or if we are leaving some where fun like the play ground. We tell him to do something he doesn't want to do he just starts screaming no! Basically we got through this by teaching him to say goodbye to everything. When we are leaving the playground I first warn him 5 minutes or so that its almost time to go and keep doing about once every other minute until its time to go. Then I say go down the slide one more time and then say goodbye. He comes down the slide and almost always gives me the pouty bottom lip and maybe even a tear or two and then turns around and waves while saying, "Bye playground." This helped so we kept doing it. Tyler started adding things to his goodbye like, "Goodbye slide. Goodbye swings." Then he started added nature..."Goodbye tree, goodbye grass!" It is kind of sad to watch and hear actually but in the cute way. Well, he also started saying, "See you morrow." Which was his way of saying tomorrow. Today we went to Walmart and he has been having a rough day. Not only did he wake up SUPER early but he just cut a molar yesterday and has a bad rash wear his diaper rubs on his legs. That's what happens when you weigh almost 40 pounds but are still in diapers. His little legs are too fat for them! Any ways, that's off topic.

We were getting ready to leave and he was getting a coloring book. I was holding him and I started to take it away from him to hand to the lady and he started freaking out and then crying. I calmed him down and then HE handed it to her. I guess he wanted to do it himself. The lady rang it up and then handed it back to him and I said, "Say thank you." So he signed thank you with his hand and then said, "Oh thanks!" about four or five times! haha Which is the cutest thing when he still has the tears in his cheek. Well, the clerk thought he was so cute and she waved goodbye to him and he kept saying "bye, thanks." Then we get to the front doors where there is the usual greeting saying, "Thanks for choosing Walmart" Or whatever it is they say. There is an ice cream truck ride that he always has to crawl into and play with for a second. The lady talked to Tyler for a minute and then I said, "Should we go home and color?" To which the response is a immediate "YEAH!" I pick him up and the lady says goodbye to him, in which Tyler's response is, "Bye, see you morrow!" I immediately start to laugh and then want to cry because this just proves how much we go to Walmart! HAHA SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sad!

Okay so for my second funny thing that happened at Walmart ( I guess that should be another sign that I am spending WAY to much time there ) Was that we were getting a present for Tyler's girlfriend who is having a second birthday soon. she is having a little party tomorrow and I wanted to buy her the Elmo Potty Time DVD because Tyler LOVES it. So we were looking at DVD's and Tyler found one he thought he would like and then I found one I thought Tyler would like. The one he picked out was something he would not watch. I know this because I spend 24-7 with him and can read! haha He however can not and therefore had no clue what he was getting but the picture looked cool. The rest of the time we were in Walmart I kept trying to get him to switch me the DVD for other stuff. Finally we found the coloring book and it was on sale for 1.60, which for me was a reasonable amount of money. I said "Tyler, do you want to get this?" and lifted up the coloring book. "Or do you want to get that?" and pointed to the DVD. "That." he said without skipping a beat holding up the DVD he had in his hand. I should have known better! I just thought it was hysterical that he actually called it 'that'. So we round the corner to where there are crayons which he goes CRAZY for. I hold up the coloring book AND the crayons and he is convinced. The DVD goes back and I am saved. Well, sort of. At least the crayons and coloring book will be used unlike the DVD or DDD's as Tyler likes to call them, would have NEVER been watched all the way through.

Another funny thing really quick. Tyler has a rash....I know hysterical! Oh wait....never mind. It's actually been really sad! He cries almost every time we change his diaper and even just me saying the phrase, "We need to change your diaper" brings tears to his eyes. Early we had a little struggle over this. I wanted to change his diaper which was already soaking through his pants and he didn't. He slapped me right on the face which really pissed me off and I did the whole, "We don't hit" so he tries to kick me instead. I rephrase to "We don't hit or kick" and he smacks me again. I pin his arms down and pull his diaper off and try to rub cream on him. He is crying and frustrated, which so am I and I finally finish. I decided to just leave the pants off for now since he needed new ones now any ways and proceeded to blow dry my hair and get dressed. About 15 minutes later I walk into the kitchen and he comes running towards me bare butt and laughing! Thank goodness he didn't pee on anything. So its been a very eventful day! Hopefully he will nap because we need to go to LOWE's tonight and buy us a new sink and vanity for the bathroom! I can not wait to get the bathroom done! wish me luck because we probably will need it tonight!

2 comments:

kailiaelf said...

Is it something about today?? Ethan woke up at 5:45 this morning too AND didn't have a nap AND was a pain!! Our kids are psycically linked, I swear!

Roundy Clan said...

Maybe he is teething too! try checking his mouth.