Wednesday, March 19, 2008

MMMMMM Food!

Yesterday was a pretty good day. We were having the missionaries over for dinner and so I wanted to make something I hadn't made before. I have been really into cooking shows these last 6 months or so and I have a notebook I write all the recipes down in. The problem is they usually make a lot of food and its usually just Cody and I, or worse me by myself at home. So the last 3 times the missionaries have come over, I've tried one of my recipes. I cooked a baked ziti that I got from the Rachel Ray 30 minute meals show. It was SO good! It was super fattening so it is not something I would make a lot. You make a red sauce, AND a white sauce. The red sauce gets mixed in with the noodles and then the white sauce just gets poured on top and then you top it with some mozzarella. It was so yummy. Then we had garlic bread and steamed broccoli! YUMMY!

While the missionaries were here and we were in the middle of dinner there was a knock at the door and it was my food processor I ordered last week! WOO HOO! I have been dying to get it. I am so excited to put it all together and make something. I told Cody that I really wanted to get one with part of our tax return. We got a really big return this year and most of it is going to fix the house up so I really wanted to be able to buy something that wasn't going into the house. I'll let you know how my first creation in that goes.

Yesterday I also made some salsa. It turned out pretty good and you will not believe how easy it was. I bought one can of rotel and one can of rotel with lime juice and cilantro. I put it in the blender and with some garlic salt and some chopped green onions. Blend it and it was good to go. Yummy too. It has a pretty good kick to it too. Try it if you like salsa, especially if you are in a hurry or lazy! haha If anyone wants the ziti recipe, let me know. It was also pretty darn easy and it taste like I had been making it for years!

1 comment:

kailiaelf said...

I will have to try the rotel salsa. I love salsa but I like it the way you do...smooth, with no chunks. I'll let you know what I think!