Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Kids

Kayla does this thing where she pretends to be an animal.  She LOVES doing it.  So much so that when she pretends to be a kitty she will meow and then lick my arm.  NICE!  Whenever she pretends to be an animal she will make the noise of that animal and then one of us will say, "Oh look it's a baby kitty."  Then she will bark and we'll say, "Oh look it's a doggy!"  Then she'll change to a pig or horse or cow.  Ironically she ALWAYS asks mommy to be the cow.  Hmmmmmmm

Any ways.  She is so cute and clever.  We noticed a month ago that she started discovering new animals that DIDN'T make sound but she would want to be them.  SO she would get to something like a whale and didn't know what to do.  So she would say, "Whale, Whale."   My favorite ( and she does this one quite often ) is when she says, "Snail, Snail."  It's so cute because she says it with a Southern accent!  :)




And the boy....man he has been a GRUMPY old man lately.  Even when saying something to me where he should have no emotion in his voice he sounds angry.  It's so annoying.  But when he decides to be sweet he is SWEET!  Yesterday after finishing lunch and having peanut butter ALLLLL over his hands, he walked to the kitchen sink to wash them off.  On his way to the sink he stuck his booty out at me and said, "My can you pull the underwear out of my bum please."  So polite like.  I laughed and then politely declined.   Too bad for me since I laughed he knew he had said something funny so I am sure he will ask me again sometime soon just to get a laugh out of me.




Kayla has discovered Jalapeno Cheese Cheetohs.  NOPE it was not ME he gave them to her ( or buys them ).  I prefer the flaming hot ones but those are too hot for her liking.  I used to eat a bag of flaming hots with a 12 oz dr. pepper everyday for lunch in high school.  Sometimes I would throw in a cookie too.  NOw I eat lots of fruit and fiber and hardly ever have dr. pepper or flamming hots and weigh a million pounds more.  Go figure.

ANYWAYS.

She has discovered them and LOVES them.  Her and daddy share them together.  Yesterday she brought them to me at lunch time and said, "Peeeeeeease momma, Peeeeease."  So I out some on a plate for her and then cooked her a hot dog.  I put ketchup on the plate so she could dip her hot dog in it and she felt in necessary to dip the cheetohs in the ketchup instead.  She LOVED it actually!  YIKES.



Tyler gave his first talk in Primary on Sunday.  Mommy had to give a lesson at the same time so I didn't get to sneak in and here him.  He is usually so brave and ready and willing to talk in front of people so I wasn't worried.  We typed it up for him and made him read it to us several times.  One word kept tripping him up but otherwise he would do great.  After church we asked him how it went.  He said, "Well, I skipped a little bit."  Hmmmmmm.  So when we got home I had him show me what part he "skipped".  Apparently half way through the talk he got nervous and decided to just say, "In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."  haha  That kid cracks me up.  He said, "Mom, I got a little nervous."  Maybe he won't be asked to give a talk again!  haha




I figured this would be a nice break from the Disneyland pictures, although for day 3 we only have like 10 any ways.  SO the next post will probably be day three from there.  Until then...

No comments: